add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What are your thoughts on putting an ITX motherboard on a mid tower?

CaptainWolf

64 months ago

I want to change my case to something taller while taking less space on my desk (i currently have a 250d).

My mobo is z87e-itx by asrock, and Im not sure if I have the money to upgrade the mobo quite yet, and I don't plan on doing SLI anytime soon.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

If you already have all the parts, I don't see this as a problem (as long as the case supports Mini-ITX). That's the beauty of building your own machine; you get to pick and choose the parts! It's not like you actually need to change boards at all, unless you want to have multiple GPUs or add more RAM, etc.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

The motherboard cutout in the ATX Mid Towers would reveal out when you place a mITX board on it, it'll look terrible. But I think you should just wait for the Corsair Carbide Air 240, it is slightly taller than the 250D while retaining similar dimensions.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

that bad?

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

It isn't bad, it'll just look wrong with an unecessary opening right there.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

get a silverstone raven rz01 :)

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

that case isn't my style lol thanks though

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube