add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Power Supply for Lan Li PC-Q25

ajb0730
  • 87 months ago

I'm looking to build a NAS appliance around the Lan Li PC-Q25. This case takes a regular ATX power supply, but the clearance is really tight: it gives you 140mm/5.5" of room to fit the supply and any cables coming out. Most ATX power supplies are exactly 5.5" or larger without cables.

I've found a Silverstone ST45SF, which is a smaller SFX format power supply, and it comes with a bracket to adapt it to ATX. The problem is the ST45SF only has two peripheral connectors, and the case needs 3 for the drive backplane. I can use a splitter, but I was wondering if anyone has a better suggestion.

My priorities are: It fits the case, so ATX (either directly, or via bracket), and less than 140mm/5.5" deep including cables. At least 3 peripheral (molex 4-pin) connectors, and 1 SATA connector. Modular would be really nice, so I didn't have cables cluttering up the inside. I'm not too worried about available watts: I'm planning on a low power mini-ITX board with built-in CPU, and the most it will need to power are a few hard drives (no graphics cards, not a lot of fans, no pumps, etc.).

I've been doing my homework on the net, but I'd like to hear from folks that may have direct experience -- either with the case, or with smaller power supplies.

Thanks!

Comments

• 87 months ago
  • 1 point

Turns out Micro ATX power supplies also come with adapter brackets, and they seem to have more options available as far as quality and types of connectors. (Still not modular, though.)

The FSP Group FSP400-60GHS(85)-R looks interesting. (NewEgg also has a 450W version, and Amazon has a 300W version).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube