add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help choosing my mobo pls!!

bosiont
  • 70 months ago

Hi, I'm from Chile and I'm building my first gaming PC, i have already picked out an Intel i5 4690k CPU, anAsus gtx 770 GPU and a 16gb 1866mhz ram kingston fury hyperX, I'm on a tight budget now and i'm having doubts about which mobo to choose (planning on OCing a bit in the near future), all I know is I want a mid range Z97 mobo and i'm thinking of:

-Asus z97-K = $155

-Gigabyte z97x gaming 3 = $165

-Asus z97 - C = $179

-MSI Z97 G45 gaming = $187

-Gigabyte Z97x UD3H = $187

I wanted an Asus Z97-A but they are nowhere to be found in Chile. I could also do a price jump to one of these 2 mobos, but I dont know if its worth it:

Asus Z97 Pro= $274

Asus Maximus VII Hero = $277

On the other side I had planned on getting a thermaltake 600w 80 plus bronze PSU, but maybe I should go for the 750w? I'd appreciate some advice :) Keep in mind that these prices are what things cost here in Chile (US dollar)

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless you're going for a specific color, I'd go with the one that comes with the better deal. Like a cpu/mobo deal for example.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Check their manuals which you can download from their websites online and see which one uses that certain set of RAM. If you're going to spend that much on RAM, you might as well make sure your motherboard has 0 problems with it. You'll notice you have to check the RAM serial # and try to match it up in a motherboard's manual. Either of those motherboards are great quality motherboards so whatever you do get, will be fine.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube