add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GIGABYTE GA-H97-WIFI MOTHERBOARD NOT WORKING?

Dunkrius
  • 70 months ago

Hi PCPARTPICKER.COM forums!

I need some help...

I have a new pc, a couple of months old. In that pc, there is a Gigabyte GA-H97-WIFI motherboard, the m-ITX one. The only thing that is wrong with the name of the motherboard is the WIFI part. My computer will no longer connect to the internet and I am using my Mac at the moment.

I have no idea what is happening to the board, and I have no idea what I should do!

Please help!

Thanks, Dunkrius

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have an adapter?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

No, the wifi is build into the motherboard.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay. Mb

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Does it show up in the network tab with no connection or limited access, or is it completely gone?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

i can connect to the wifi, and the bars swap between full signal and close to full. I just cant connect to the internet. Skype, games, chrome, nothing.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm guessing you've tried disconnecting and reconnecting, re-entering the security key and restarting the router and whatnot?

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

yes, all that stuff, and still I get disconnected. I know that it is nothing to do with the internet, but the computer itself

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay. Are there any other wireless signals that your motherboard picks up? If you're router is broadcasting other signals (802.11g, 802.11n, so on) you might be able to connect to one of those. On the taskbar (if you're using windows 7), down under the networks tab you should be able mouse over the name of a connection and get more info about it. The wireless card has the full spectrum (ac,n,g,b,a) on it so it should be able to see them. I had a somewhat similar experience when I couldn't connect to the 'n' signal from my router for a while, and had to switch to the 'g' signal. It fixed itself after a while, so I have no idea what was wrong, other than maybe my adapter.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the advice, My WIFI is currently using the radio type "802.11n". But most of the people in my area are using the same signal. But I'm not sure what I need to do?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube