add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for specific mid-sized case

comatorium53

64 months ago

I am completely new at building computers, but I have been doing thorough research and I am very excited at building my first rig!

That being said, I am currently stuck in finding a decent case for under 200 USD. I've been looking at several mid-sized cases because I won't be adding multiple graphics cards, but the cases that I have looked at (Corsair 450D, Fractal R4, NZXT H440) all have deficits that I would like to avoid.

So here is what I am looking for, and hopefully you guys can recommend something. Requirements:

• Window side panel
  • Great airflow + Filters (I love the easy-to-remove dust filters of the Corsair 450D)
  • Preferably Tool-less (or minimal use of tools)
  • Easy wire routing for first time builders
  • 2 x 3.0 USB + 2 x 2.0 USB

Note: My favorite so far was the 450D, but there have been so many mixed reviews about the wire routing and cheap parts, that it deterred me from selecting the case. And now I'm losing my mind trying to figure what would work best for me. Also, any additional advice for a newbie would help. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

corsair 350d windowed

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Assuming he's using a ATX board and not an MATX the 350D wouldn't work so the 450D is the next step up

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

He did say, however, he wouldn't be using multiple video cards. Better off getting a smaller case then.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Fractal Design Define R4 windowed. link: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/fractal-design-case-fdcadefr4blw

It is NOT tool-less, but it is very simple to mount the drives and I find them to be very nice mounting system that is easier than many of the tool-less ones I have messed with.

What defects are you trying to avoid? If I knew that I would probably have a suggestion or two.

Like the Phanteks Enthoo Pro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBhmn21ylkc or Primo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg_DzdHGgN4

Case selection is very important as it is a pain in the *** to change them. Take your time and watch lots of reviews.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

This Blackhawk is the one I have and it's amazing. The only time I need to use tools is when i'm installing the fans and the Mobo, of course. The HDD mounts are screwless and there are plenty of holes to hide wires in. Also has the top cooling performance for value; rated by Toms Hardware.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

NZXT S340, brand new, go to there site and check it out..

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube