add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GTX Titan and Recommended PSU

AndyBJin
  • 83 months ago

Okay I am building a desktop for a customer and he wants a 3 way SLI on the GTX Titan. It will also have a Intel 3970x and a Rampage Extreme motherboard. Now my main question is this, would a Corsair 1200i work with all that or should I use a higher wattage PSU like a EVGA NEX1500 or a LEPA G-Series 1600?

Comments

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

What does PcPartPicker's recommended wattage say? The higher the wattage the better, but also look at the amps.

I would say the Corsair 1200i would be good, but with OC and you might be cutting it close. I tried to put it together it said 1000 watts. I don't know the reviews for the other PSU's, but I've used the 1200i with not problems.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh my, that's a lot of nice parts. What are you planning on doing with it? The corsair 1200i would be okay, it's a wonderful PSU, and should have plenty of wattage. Though if you overclock all your cards and your CPU it might get a tad close. The EVGA PSU is rock solid also, but would be kinda OP. I haven't sen anything about the enermax PSU recommended below, but you might wanna check that out also.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't get a Titan.Get a 780 and upgrade something else.

• 83 months ago
  • 0 points

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/enermax-power-supply-emr1350ewt This will do! Enermax is underated, they make amazing PSU's!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube