add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Temps Extremely high on 8350

RoxasForTheWin

65 months ago

I recently bought Bioshock Infinite for my pc. After playing it at max (which should be possible with my 770 and 8350) for 2 hours or so, I turned off the game to see what temps I should have. I expected around mid 50's and max around 63C with my Hyper Evo 212 and around max 74C for my gpu, (which is the max I have ever seen it during my playthrough of Trine 2 Maxed) but I was displeased and a bit frightened to see my CPU in the mid 60's and the max temp at 74C along with my GPU hitting 80C and sitting somewhere in the mid 70's. I could always turn down the settings, but I still want to know what's causing it. I also recently reset my cpu cooler, which lowered the temps, so that's not the problem

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

If it only happens after extended periods of gaming it is most likely lack of air flow in your case. I have toggle fans on my case and this happens after a couple of hours if i dont turn them on. I also have a space heater for a gpu.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

The case has one big intake and two 120mm outtake. Do you think it's because of the gpu throwing heat at the CPU?

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

It throws heat everywhere unless it is reference. The reference 780ti will help a lot because it blows the heat out the back of the case.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm thinking about getting a super clocked 780 TI and hopefully being able to overclock (something my 770 won't let me do)

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

How many case fans do you have for intake and exhaust?

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I have two outtake and one intake, although half the case is blocked off because the gpu is so long

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Switch one to the front and put it as an intake. Having 2 as outtake is choking the air out of the case instead of cooling it. If you have 2 as intake it will force air to cool the case and will always find a way out through the back.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

My case doesn't really allow that (zalman z11) maybe I need a new case? I'm getting a 780 ti (maybe reference to lower temps)

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Does your psu cover the bottom fan placement because if it doesn't you can use that as an intake.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I might be able to flip the psu over, would it really help temps?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube