add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Changing LED's in a case?

Alyna

63 months ago

Hi! I have the Fractal Design Define R4 case in white. I'm going for a really sleek white build and the red light in the top of the case really ruins the aesthetic. Is it possible to replace with with a clear LED? How? Is it difficult?

Tips and general advice very welcome... this is going to be my first build.

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you talking about a LED to let you know the power is on or a LED fan?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

A power light!

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I would go and grab an NZXT Hue before they go out of production. It's an LED controller with a 1m LED that comes with it, and this LED can be changed to ANY colour you want. Really nice and sleek too.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't want/need a 1m strip of LED's, for starters my case doesn't have a window to show it off, secondly I don't want my bedroom to look like the cockpit of a plane! I just want to change the one LED on the front top of the case from red to white/clear.

That NZXT hue is a cool item though, maybe if I want my next build to double up as a disco light for house parties I will use it :P

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

You'd have to buy one and solder it. I don't know of any other way to do it. Pretty simple. You can find instructions on YouTube on how to solder something. Maybe you can borrow a soldering iron and solder from someone.

The LEDs are really inexpensive.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I have soldered before, was hoping someone would suggest a different solution but never mind, thanks for the suggestion!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube