add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Does the NZXT Kraken (X41) use USB 2.0 or 3.0

NaturalCarr

65 months ago

I know this isn't the most daunting of questions but i can't find the answer anywhere, and all of the installation guides ive watched (to see which header it uses) gloss over it quite quickly so I can't see. So all I want to know is which USB type the Kraken uses.

For some background info, the reason i want to know is because I'm planning out a new Mini-Itx rig and my mobo will only have 1 usb 3.0 connector that i would be using for the front usb 3.0 connectors. So this will be the deciding factor on whether or not I go with the Kraken series as my "go-to" cooling solution.

In case it helps you guys any, here's my build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NaturalCarr/saved/CDZzK8

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points

I just ended up calling NZXT, it connects to a USB 2.0 header , not USB 3.0.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not USB, it's 3 pin and 4pin (PWM) for the fan.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

The pump connects via 4 pin connector, but there's also a USB cable that's used by the NZXT software. That's how you create variable-control schemes for the Kraken series. I'm just not sure if that USB cable is 2.0 or 3.0, it definitely isn't SATA, though.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

yep its 2.0 only

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube