add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

A Rad Case for $150

Stanbery

63 months ago

Excuse the title pun, but what case would you recommenced, within about $150, with great radiator support for water cooling? Right now, I'm looking at the Phantom 630 (windowed edition), the 750D, the Core V71, and the Enthoo Luxe. I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 2 points

Phanteks Enthoo Pro or Luxe.

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Enthoo Luxe or 750D. basically, the 750D has better front rad support with native 280 support up front. the Luxe has better bottom rad support because the 240 mount in the 750D was derped a bit and is unusable out of the box. this is at the expense of some vertical clearance as any 360 or 420 rad you put in the 750D or Enthoo Pro (not Luxe) and I'm not too sure on the P630 or V71, will take away the use of the top 5.25" bay. if that's not a problem then think nothing of it. with the Luxe you can have as much as 55mm inside the chassis (say a 30mm rad with fans, or up to a 55m rad with only one set of fans above in the top section) without interfering with any of the 5.25" bays. my 61mm rad barely encroaches into the top 5.25" bay so things like a fan controller or LED controller are still perfetly usable there. clearance is at a premium when you need a case to fit something. the Luxe has more vertical clearance than the Pro and IMO it alone is worth the cost. add in the LED, extra fan, extra two brackets and aluminium on the top/front panels and you can see whaere the price gap isn't for nothing.

edit: that moment you realize you've replied to a 5 month old thread.....

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, the build has been complete since October.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Phanteks all the way. Best airflow, best cable management, and more spots to mount rads.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

OK, that's probably what I'll go with. Th Luxe is $40 more than the Pro for me. Is it worth it for the LEDs and metal finish?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

It's up to you. If you think the LEDs look good enough to justify the extra money, then go for it. If not, get the pro.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Can try either with Enthoo Luxe or 750D.

• 63 months ago
  • 0 points

Just rebuilt my friends computer in a Core V71, solid case for a custom loop setup. Could also look into the Corsair 760T.

[comment deleted]
  • 63 months ago
  • 3 points

I own a Storm Stryker (white version of the Trooper) and you only get decent rad space if you're willing to mod. Stock config gets you a 140 in the rear, 280 in the top, and 240 in the bottom. Which is okay, but other cases have a lot more potential at its price point. Modding can open that up for a 360 in the top and add dual 240 on the side panels where the vents are.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah, I figured there were others, you know more than I do. I just always liked the way it looked.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube