add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

The Seasonic X-Series 1250...

chaoseclipse01
  • 83 months ago

I have one already, but I'm a little concerned. I have two GTX Titans, will have an i7 3930K soon, a Swiftech H220 watercooler, the Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 mobo, the Corsair Denominator Platinum 32gb kit (4x8gb 1866MHz), a pair of 6-inch UV CCRTs, 10 Cooler Master Sickleflow fans, a blueray drive, a SSD, and a 2TB HDD.

Considering when looking at EVGA's Website, they say something like needing to have a 650 watt PSU for just one Titan...will the 1250 watt PSU that I have be enough to power two Titans and everything else I have? Or should I get a more powerful PSU? I know PCPartpicker show the voltage being a little low, plus the fact I have some custom parts which doesn't show up in the voltage total at all. I want to make sure I get this right the first time as I don't want to destroy a perfectly good PSU or worse.

Comments

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm almost sure that you'll be fine, a little close at full power, but I think your good, do you plan on overclocking?

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll start out low, but I'll try pushing it to as far as I can after a while, once I get a feel for the temps my rig will be running at.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Think I could get away with using a secondary PSU of about 800 watts solely for a single titan and maybe the Swiftech?

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't think it's worth it, but ask some others

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

You will be fine, each titan is about 250watts each, so estimate about 550 for both titans, you could get away with 950 watt power supply if you wanted!so if 600watts isnt enough for the rest of the system (wchich I cant imagine it wouldnt be enough) then you need a bigger power supply. In total, you have overkill PSU and you will be just fine!

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, I'll try it on the 1250, but I'll keep an eye on my watt usage. If I start cutting it close, I can just buy a secondary 750 or 800 PSU, slave it to the 1250, and split the wattage load 75/25.

If you noticed, I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to power input / usage. I've witnessed electrical boards and highly sensitive equipment go up in flames from improper power levels, and then have to put them out and repair said items, lol.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

I understand, the power supply is nothing to take lightly. But I have seen builds with 1350watts with 3 titans and an i7-377k overclocked, and everything ran smoothly, so I imagine 1250 watts with 1 less titan will be good! This is my setup right now lolz http://imgur.com/qH6jbiq http://imgur.com/GJPfFCy I dont recomend this at all so dont thing about it ~

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, my mind isn't going to change about my build anytime soon. The only change might be getting an actual custom loop using swiftech radiators, the Maelstrom dual drivebay reservoir /w dual pumps, two Hydrocopper water blocks for the titans, and a waterblock for the 3930K. I imagine I'd have to get external radiator mounts, too (would like to have a 240mm radiator for each component).

Also, thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube