add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How does this PSU look?

Comments

• 83 months ago
  • 3 points

I would not trust that. Never heard of the brand myself, so I can't say anything for certain (and I won't make any assumptions about it). But let me go over why I'm very skeptical of it:

• No 80 Plus rating - either it's not very efficient, or it lacks certain safety features. Possibly both - the only non-80+ model I would recommend is Antec's VP-450.
  • It only has a true output of 12V * 33A = 396W. That's a fair ways shy of 550 - another bad sign.
  • When it comes to power supplies, don't trust customer reviews. Most of the time they understand very little about what would make it a good or bad unit - many of which would only ever crop up long after they've left a review for it.

Antec, Seasonic, and XFX are my go-to brands for power supplies if you're not sure what to look for. If you're willing to do some research, check out JohnnyGuru and HWSecrets' power supply reviews to find something that'll suit your needs.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube