add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Do I need a liquid cooler for this config?

Chesterella

65 months ago

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/rs6PvK

I was thinking if the liquid cooler was really a must have for this config. I'm trying to save money now so it would be good to know. Thanks.

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 3 points

In short no. The only CPUs that require liquid cooling are the AMD Fx-9730 and 9590. For any others it's simply a matter of preference.

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points

What will the build be used for?

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

The build will be used mainly for gaming.

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points

Get a less expensive PSU. 750w is overkill for your build. 500w is the sweet spot. With the money saved up your GPU to at least a r9 270...preferably a 280 if you can swing it.

And to answer your question, no...Unless your going for really high OC's you don't need a water cooler and even then I wouldn't chose a 120mm rad for that. 240 or bigger.

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points

No you don't need liquid cooling, the heatsink/fan you get with the cpu will work perfectly fine.

Build is a little imbalanced for a gaming rig (if that's what you're aiming for), they usually have a stronger gpu & weaker cpu, see http://www.logicalincrements.com/ for a quick reference.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless you plan to over clock the hell out of your processor, no. Get something like a CM Hyper 212 Evo.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Almost no cpu's require liquid cooling stock.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I've replaced the GPU and took the cooler away. Is it a high config for games now?

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/hnB9nQ

Thank you so much for all answers. I am not that educated when it comes to building with the right parts, so all the comments were helpful for me.

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points

Looks good. Maybe replace the CPU with a 4690k and the motherboard with a Z97 one, so that they won't be outdated.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I see... I think I won't do that because it is too expensive for me right now :/ But, will it run games in a considerably high quality? Thank you!

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea. It will work well

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube