add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is Asrock a good motherboard company?

JoeyThePCNoob
  • 85 months ago

I am thinking about purchasing an asrock board and i would like to know if they are a reliable brand. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 85 months ago
  • 4 points

ASRock is a value-focused manufacturer, and as such offers nice featuresets at attractive prices. However, as with everything, this comes with compromises:

• Their boards are typically thinner than most, meaning they flex more under stress. This usually doesn't cause problems, though.
  • They tend to use lower-quality, outdated components to save on cost. This issue mostly affects their overclocking boards (notably the Z77 Extreme4), generating excess heat and potential instability.

Overall, they're a good brand; a great value if you're not overclocking, but there's better options if you are.

• 85 months ago
  • 2 points

My personal experience, I would never buy AsRock again. Have gone through 3 AsRock MOBO, both AMD and Intel. They were more on the budget side MOBO. Had to RMA them. Ended up selling them used when I got the RMA'd MOBO back.

For the upside, they do have a great RMA process. They only have a small office in the USA. So it gets very personal. I have called at different times and the same person answered the phones. They might not have a large number of people working for them.

• 85 months ago
  • 2 points

My extreme6 got my i5-3750k to 4.5 ghz. I also have an AM2+ board and and AM3 board and none of them give me any problems.

Maybe I'm lucky, but my next board will probably be Asrock.

• 85 months ago
  • -1 points

Usually for the same price as any Asrock board you can get a higher quality more reliable Gigabyte / ASUS board. and mousseng touched most of the important parts ;)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube