add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

High Profile RAM & 212 EVO compatibility w ASRock extreme4?

Teemosan
  • 69 months ago

I'm putting together a vid editing rig with some previous parts and some new. I need CPU and mobo to complete it. I'm getting an i7 4770k and am looking at an ASRock extreme4

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z97extreme4

I have 16Gb (4x4) High Profile GSkill Ripjaws RAM

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f312800cl8d8gbxm

I also have a 212 EVO cooler. In some of the reviews of the ASRock extreme4 on Newegg, some reviewers said that you may lose the first RAM slot if you are using a bulky cooler. But no actual specifics are mentioned. Bulky? So is that bulky as in Noctua NH-D14 bulky or also a 212 EVO?

Does anyone know that mobo well, and would you know whether my 4 RAM and a 212 EVO would fit without issue? If it's just a matter of the fan interfering then there are workarounds for that. But if it's the rad fins blocking it then it wouldn't work.

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 2 points

I have the i7 3770k (1155 socket) and the extreme 4 from asrock combined with the evo 212. I mounted the fan that sits over the ram slots slightly higher than the other fan. You need not "loose" the ram slot. With the vibrations of the fan, just check once in a blue moon that it doesn't "slide" down and start rubbing the first ram slot module.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks Sassy, good info, I appreciate the response

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

...High Profile RAM & 212 EVO...

Dimensions of Evo listed at the manufacturer's website.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube