add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New to water cooling! NEED HELP!

optimusgaming

64 months ago

Okay im new to water cooling and im a bit confused about how often if at all i will have to change the coolant in this water cooling. Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Would like to overclock my Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core to 4-4.2 ghz...

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

An H100i I believe has a lifespan of 3 years. Its an AIO (All in one) liquid cooler that requires no maintenance. I have a custom loop using Ek Pastel coolant that the shelf life is 3 years. If I were to use distilled water in a custom loop with biocide or silver coil you are recommended to flush and refill every Year or 6 months depending on the clarity of the water.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

So the H100i doesnt require any maintenance, will it keep it cool enough to overclock to 4 ghz?

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Absolutely. The temps are subjective to the volts applied to your overclock. 1.2v for 4.2ghz etc. etc. You will need more volts depending on the quality of your chip. I was using the H100i to cool my 4770k (Before De-lid) at 4.5ghz using 1.275v and temps at 100% load after 15min was 87c.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Not an especial lot of maintenance. Do however keep the assembly dust free.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

that is to be expected, im even making a little stand for my computer that will make sure it is 5ft in the air

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Certainly, many would be startled by what I've found in cases. Kudos on the high rise computing.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

does it come with coolant in it? or do you have to put it in

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Its an All in One (AIO) so it comes ready with the water in it, when you receive it you just have to put the fans on it and mount on case and water-block on the CPU. Then you are set.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube