add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT H440 or Fractal R4

TwinkieBolt

63 months ago

I'm extremely new to computer costum builds, and I'm in the process of assembling my parts. However, i've stumbled across a heated mental debate. I cant decide between the NZXT H440 or the Fractal Define r4.

I've got the i5-4690k, with an asus maximum hero 7 and the MSI 970 graphics card. I have some interest in water cooling, though I havent committed to anything there yet.

Do we have any opinions on the two cases, and which might be best for my current situation?

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Between the two, one vote for the NZXT.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Define r4

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I love the Define R4.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Design-wise in terms of airflow, in theory, the NZXT H440 SHOULD do worse because the top and front panel have small gaps (really small) for air to enter. Other than that, I'd vote neither one and would encourage you to go with the Phanteks Enthoo Pro or other Full-towers and Mid-towers that have large, if not plentiful, gaps for air to enter the front or top.

But if its strictly between the two... as much as I don't like the Define R4 because front air intake is actually worse due to the front having a door that would make more sense when closed... R4 it is. I own one and I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with it.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly, since posting I've changed my focus to the Enthoo Pro and the H440. I just can't peel away from how much i like the looks of the h440, though i know the airflow is a major concern.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube