add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Budget gaming MOBO

NenBen10
  • 89 months ago

I am making a budget gaming rig, and was wondering what others recommend?

Comments

• 89 months ago
  • 1 point

I am thinking of using a Asus P8Z77-V LK

• 88 months ago
  • 1 point

if you're buying a motherboard separate with no cpu combo then get the Asrock Extreme4 you can't go wrong with that one! it's very popular http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293

• 89 months ago
  • 0 points

What kind or pieces would you prefer to have on the mobo? like, how many usb ports, 3.0/2.0? Firewire? RAM compatibility (how much it can support) what kind of processor you're looking at, stuff like that?

If you're on a budget, I would recommend you look at the ASRock 970 EXTREME3. It's $80.

• 89 months ago
  • 1 point

Usb 3.0. My specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Bmcs My budget for a motherboard is under 150.00

• 88 months ago
  • 0 points

for within your budget one of the highest quality motherboards is a Gigabyte UD3H very solid, decent and unlike ASUS which has been plagued over the last year with high returns on their motherboards, Gigabyte has a solid track record. It isn't cheaply made like an ASRock Extrem 4 which is short and thin, it isn't a normal full size ATX Board so it doesn't line up with all of the motherboard stand offs so half the board hangs which can be tend to make the motherboard bend to much during installation. This is compounded because it is a thinner board. So it makes it hard to suggest anything else though if you do get a working ASUS board they are great.

That all being said if you do not plan on getting the i5-3570k there is no need to get a Z77 motherboard because you shouldn't overclock a non K series Ivy Bridge. An H77 would be just fine and Gigabyte or ASUS would still be the recommended choices. If you live near a Microcenter you can pick up a i5-3570k for $189 and a gigabyte UD3H for like $109 or sometimes cheaper.

If you have any questions and I don't respond quickly here on this site please feel free to contact me on my site: IamApropos.com I give free one on one computer consultation.

[comment deleted]
  • 89 months ago
  • 1 point

I am getting the i5 for free and my budget is under 150

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube