add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Advice needed

SYOTOS

62 months ago

Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Computer Case

I am currently leaning towards this case but i noticed it only allows a VGA Card length: 270mm (maximum 320mm) with the max when you remove the HDD cage. I am going to get the GTX 970 so i would have to remove the cage since the GPU is 275mm. I am wondering how big an inconvenience would it be to remove the HDD cage and how it would affect things such as air flow, interference with HDD and how cramped it would be???

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

There are better cases for the money. Try the NZXT S340, or the Corsair 300R.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The 1st one wont work bc i want an optical drive but the Corsair 300R was on my list.

So its between Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Computer Case and Corsair Carbide Series 300R Windowed... I cant decide.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

300R is better build quality, as well as better cable management and airflow. There's also a windowed version if you want it.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The Enforcer is a well-built case with lots of room and cutouts for cable management. Good air flow and great looking! And a small bonus: CM includes motherboard speakers with their cases. I don't think Corsair does.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya that's true. Its a hard choice. Which one has more expandability? I think the Corsair is slightly bigger

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm buying a 970 and taking the cages out with no overall impact. Unless you need absolutely massive storage it's irrelevant.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya i kind of figured you don't need so many HDD or SSD bays. I guess the biggest thing i was worried about was the air flow of the two. Is there a place to check the airflow between the 2?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on your overall cooling solution. Air cooled plus 3 fans is the norm and should work quite happily. None of the reviews suggest otherwise. The 970 is uber efficient anyway so any decent branded case should have it covered with some margin.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

PNY GeForce GTX 770 4GB is this a good deal?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

770 is a very good card. You only really need a 4gb card if you're running 2 or more monitors but it can run most games no sweat. I've heard it has issues with Arma III but most cards do and it'll still run it.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube