add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Alternative fans for Kraken X61

JustAnotherGamer

64 months ago

I decided to go with the Kraken X61, but I can't stand those white fans. Anything black or red LED with sacrificing little to no performance will do. Suggestions?

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm in a similar boat. I've been researching 140mm fans that are good static pressure (for the radiator) but are quiet too.

I was recommended Noctua, and Cougar. The basic Noctua, while very quiet are a ghastly brown and tan, but they have some reduc fans which are powerful but not quite as quiet as their stndard fans. Cougar is mostly black/orange.

So my findings so far:

My top choices are:

Aerocool DS

• black/gray, black/white, black/blue, black/red (all have matching colors/leds excapt for the black/gray, which has no LED)

• 71.2 CFM

• 1.98 mm/H2O

• $~11

Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM

• black/gray

• 78.7 CFM

• 1.91 mm/H2O

• $~22

BitFenix Spectre Pro

• black

• 122.2 CFM

• 2.80 mm/H2O

• $~19

I didn't put in volume because you really can't trust the manufacturer db ratings. The Aerocool DS are on sale. Shipping is rather expensive, I think it is $8 for the order, so buy 1 and the shipping is $8, buy 5 and the shipping is $8. I need to verify that though.

I think I'm going to go with the Aerocool. I like the aesthetics and they are a few bucks cheaper.

• 64 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah I'll probably go with the Aerocool red LED ones. Thanks man.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube