add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help choosing a power supply for this build.

erick_256
  • 66 months ago

I made this build here and I don't know what power supply to get.

Would someone please help me?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TKHWK8

Thank you :)

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

A CX430M should be able to run that build easily.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you :)

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Normally with a FX-8320 based system I'd suggest a 750 watt PSU but you would probably get by with 600 watts as the GPU you have chosen has a fairly low wattage rating.

On an off note bear in mind the 750ti is low to mid-range GPU and may actually act as a bottleneck for the 8320 if gaming with modern games.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah I see, what video card would you suggest to prevent the possibility of bottlenecking the cpu?

What if the cpu were to be an AMD FX-6300? Would there still be bottlenecking?

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably because the 6300 runs at the same clock speed as the 8320 but with fewer cores and most games don't rely on all the cores of the CPU.

As far as what GPU, if going for Nvidia I'd say a GTX 760 if you have a decent budget, or an R9 270 or 270x if you want to keep it under $200 for the card.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube