add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thermal Paste Solution

Paul1228

64 months ago

I am planning on getting the Corsair H105 liquid CPU cooler, and it comes with thermal paste. Should I invest a few more bucks for another thermal paste or just use the ones that come with the H105 pre applied?

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 0 points

Speaking as someone who has had experience with Corsair thermal paste, definitely get some Arctic Silver. The paste is not very pasty, and even after several high stress tests and a few months of use, there was barely any residue on my CPU. I took the old stuff off, and replaced it with some Arctic Silver, and 10*C improvements.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube