add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Rosewill Challenger added fan question for best air flow

aversa

62 months ago

So the Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case has one intake fan located at the front bottom of the case, and two exhaust fans located on the top of case at the back and at the back of the case on the top (look up case pictures via the link on new egg for a better idea).

ALRIGHT - so air comes in front bottom and goes out top back. Now I intended on adding two extra fans on the side (granted my heat sink isn't too tall), and was curious to suggestions people have as to the flow of air. I was thinking initially adding another intake on the bottom of the side and another exhaust directly above it. This would be two intake fans on the bottom (one front one side), and then the hot air would be getting pulled out from all directions at the top.

The other option is to have the bottom side fan being an exhaust, and the top being an intake, basically splitting the air flow into two sections. Air coming in the front bottom and going out the side bottom, and then air going in the top side and going out the top bottom and back.

Unless I made them both extra intake/exhaust but I feel like one of the two aforementioned ideas is more suitable.

Thanks!

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Its better to have 2 intake and 1 exhaust only. This is better for cooling since the air flow will find the way out of the case through the back anyways.

Keep the front one add a second one for intake closer to the front of the case and one exhaust mounted at the back of the case.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube