add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Dual-gender connector on my Corsair 500R case. I'm not sure what it's for?

NerdDoc

62 months ago

So this cable comes from the front panel, but I'm not sure what it's for or where I can connect it on my motherboard (no good documentation came with the case...). It's got 3 pins, male and female. Can anyone help?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40199349/pc_connector.jpg

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 0 points

May be a fan controller.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

That's my guess, but I can't find anywhere to plug it in. The closest I came was hearing that it might be for the 3-position fan switch on the front. Can't find a spot on my motherboard to plug it into, though. Would this be an adapter off of my modular power supply that I might need to get?

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

You plug the fan into it. xD

Edit- The image you showed is the female/male part (very confusing so lets just call it female) for the fan to be plugged into. So that's where you connect your fan to instead of connecting the fan to the motherboard.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

AH! This makes sense. So it's coming FROM the fan controller, not going TO the fan controller. Got it :)

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube