add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Want opinions on Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 Black with my build

ostertoaster

62 months ago

Here is a link to the Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 Black currently on sale on Newegg: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 Black

And here is the permalink to my parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zztQLk

I have no plans on overclocking or adding a 2nd video card for SLI, so I am feel the included fans should be more than adequate cooling. Also I don't need a lot of extra space for upgrades; the only upgrades I have planned currently is to possibly add another 2x4GB memory and/or more hard drives.

Has anyone used the Corsair Carbide Series that could comment on the ease of fitting components/cable managing inside this case? What is the quality/durability of the plastic/steel construction? At $40 with the mail in rebate is this a good value or should I look for something else? (I don't need a flashy case, and want to keep case costs under $70)

Thanks for the help, Ostertoaster

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

i built my first ever pc recently with this case. I quite liked it, I had the one with white led fans (it came with 2 front white led fans and a rear fan non led).

cable management is ok, i went with a fairly basic PC (one HDD, one grpahics card, semi modular PSU) and had no problems.

One potentially quirky/annoying thing is you need to mount the PSU first, then run the 3.3v power cable (which goes to the mobo) up into place at the top of the case through a small whole, as once the mobo is in you cant get it in, you also have to remove the top of the case to do it, which is easy, but if you forget it would mean removing the mobo then the top of the case etc.

Sorry if thats hard to understand, its difficult to describe. Overall I liked the case and had no real problems. I broke the USB cable connected to the front I/O panel when trying to fit it too my motherboard and corsair replaced it free of charge

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

i just finished a build using this case and i have no complaints about it. everything stays cool and cable management was excellent.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube