add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fractal Design R4 with 240 mm Corsair H105?

NFB

62 months ago

Hi,

I was setting up to order a build only to realize that I wasn't sure if this slipped through the part picker filter? Can the R4 case mount the Corsair H105? The R4 website says:

"Top: 2 - 120/140mm fans (not included) - positions also support some models of 240mm radiators, depending on configuration"

With the Amazon website further stating:

"Top fan positions now allow slim 240/280mm radiators to be mounted"

But I don't know how to confirm if this is truly fulfilled by the H105. Any help?

Thank you in advance,

NFB

Comments

• NFB
  • submitter
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

FYI, response from Fractal Design:

The size of your radiator leads us to believe that it is a Corsair H100i or H105. Here is our typical response regarding radiators. Hopefully it will be helpful to you.

I would recommend using a Corsair H100 or H100i. Those seems to be the radiator that most people can install easily in the Define R4. Although I have also seen the Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme installed in the Define R4. It really depends on your where your motherboards RAM slots are and if it has those really tall heatsinks near the top. If you are using some low-profile RAM that will help as well. Also you will most likely only be able to fit a push or pull configuration and not a push-pull configuration.

Here is a video from TastyPC showing a Corsair H100 installed and some of the things you should look out for when installing a radiator in the top of the Define R4: http://youtu.be/asc9YA32rBc?t=9m13s.

Also with the honeycomb design you can actually offset the radiator slightly to give you a little more room. I got the image below from this video here:http://youtu.be/b7cHRGFBDac?t=2m22s, to show how you can offset the mounting of the radiator slightly to give you a little more room to work with. The red squares mark the actual mounting holes for 120mm fans, and the green squares show where this guy has his screw mounted.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I was able to install the H105 into the front bay without any case modifications, it fit perfectly.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube