add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best budget gaming case

hummerh1

62 months ago

Hi everyone, just like the title says, I'm looking for a case that offers the best bang for my buck. I would prefer a mid atx, with a side panel window. It must have plenty of airflow too. It would be nice if I could fit an h100i, however this isn't mandatory. I also want it to have a front "grill" in which some red LED fans would be visible. The case must have sufficient cable management space. Lastly, it needs to be able to fit two gtx 970's in sli. My budget is $100, however I don't mind paying upwards of $150 if it will be a good investment. EDIT the case also needs an optical drive bay. Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Phanteks Enthoo Pro easily. Hardware Canucks called it the best full tower of 2014, and couldn't find a single flaw with it.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

That is a great looking case! Glad you told me about it, as I haven't heard of it before. Is it a pretty sturdy design? Sturdy enough to be occasionally carried from place to place? One more thing, how is the cable management? I think I will get this case or the 450D. Thank you!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

it has an aluminum frame, so it will be very sturdy. Also, the cable management is great because there is a lot of clearance behind the motherboard tray, and the PSU has a cover, so it will look very clean and be easy to manage.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

That's great! Sadly I just found out it's unavailable anywhere near me :(

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Rough :( I'd go for the 450D then. It's still a great case.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I might have to :/

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

corsair 450d is a good choice for that price range.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I though about that case, is it as good as the pictures make it look? Like is it sturdy?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

i dont have that case, i have the 760t and i love that one. its no case lab case, but its rigid

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair Air 540 pretty much fits your specs.

Also, I recommend not going for 2 GTX 970s and get a single GTX 980 if you can, then SLI later if you need the extra boost.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The 980 looks like a beast, but for almost $200 more and only about a %20 performance increase I decided the 970 was the best cost to performance ratio.Thanks for the recommendation though :D

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

It's not quite that simple sadly. The truth about using dual cards is that performance varies greatly. Game developers need to set up profiles for SLI to work. Some games just flat out won't run in SLI, others are broken, some work very well, others work moderately. You really need to look at what games you're playing and see how good they are in SLI.

Furthermore you also need a better PSU to run cards in SLI than you do to run a single GPU and i'm not just talking about increased wattage things like your 12V amperes need to be higher too. Simply put you need a quality PSU. So if your current PSU isn't good enough you could very well end up forking over another $160 or more for a new PSU.

Just make sure you do your research before committing to SLI or you may end up pretty disappointed.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

That's some great information Bando. The PSU I have chosen for my build is the EVGA G2 220-G2-0750-XR 750W. It should have enough power for dual 980's. Here it is at Newegg

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a really really good PSU. Good choice.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Nzxt 210 has a side window but no grill for $30

The 220 has a grill and you might be able to find one with a window for ~$50

Both have almost an inch behind the mobo for cable management and lots of room for fans.

• 62 months ago
  • 0 points

Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-02 is what I went with for my first gaming setup and I'm pretty happy with it. I do like red though.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I'll look into it :D

• 62 months ago
  • -1 points

to be honest, i would go with the NZXT H440 in Black/Red

It looks amazing, sleek and really sexy

Great airflow, fits all your criteria

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

That is actually the case I wanted but it has no optical drive bays. To me this is a crucial deciding factor since I have a lot of older games on disks. I just realised I forgot to mention this in my original post so it isn't your fault. Great case though, thanks :D

• 62 months ago
  • -2 points

obviously you dont have to get it in red, but since you wanted red fans...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube