add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Pick a PSU for me?

Thefan630
  • 66 months ago

Edit: I found the PSU, no further help required

Title says it all, I'd like some help on the PSU choosing (Can be the model, if not, the Wattage and a brand I should look for). I know the calculator on the website is fairly correct but, it should meet the following:

• Reputable brand

• 80+ to 80+ Silver

• The "80%" rule

• Any kind of modulation

• Have enough Wattage for now, and be upgradable if I wanna change the CPU, CPU cooler, GPU and add more RAM soon

• Have all the required cables, and more for future upgrades (duh)

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/Thefan630/saved/qpJgXL here's the list. I have a lot of old custom parts, so I don't know how much, but some more Watt headroom would be to be kept in mind. Also, I'm kinda keen to Corsair, don't know why. I do know it's not always about Wattage, but it's an important point. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 2 points

Well your part list is private mate, can't really help you out till you alter that.

However, products you should be on the lookout are Seasonic, Delta Electronic, Corsair (AX-series are made by Seasonic), CoolerMaster, <some> Antec, Be Quiet!, XFX (Also made by Seasonic) and Silverstone.

Also using an independent PSU calculator is the way to go. As well as reviewing and comparing P-consumption of your components on websites that review parts in-depth. If you feel like upgrading then add on the necessary amount you need.

Hope this helps.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Edited, should be accessible now, always forget about the smallest things

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/Thefan630/saved/qpJgXL

I did use an independent calculator for my current and possible expansion build, it recommended 700W for the future expansion I plan, but I might never build that expansion, current Wattage should be in the list. And I know and checked a little on other comparison sites and they list the same electrical consume, pretty much.

• 66 months ago
  • 2 points

Well if you're not considering an upgrade then the Corsair XM430M would be a good choice.

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cx430m

If you are looking for some more headroom for the future then I'd grab yourself a SeaSonic G-Series 750W Gold80+ (I'm very SeaSonic biased. They're incredible well built)

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ssr750rm

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! It's actually very good, very suiting according to other Wattage calculators. But the SeaSonic ones are pretty much nonexistent where I live, plus they don't have the molex connector I need. Otherwise, couldn't find a better option :)

Now to see if my dad wants to pay the extra money (and bills due to the OP Wattage although it's a bronze certified) and never have to buy a second PSU, or to go with the smaller one but later change.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I really wonder why I haven't seen FSP mentioned anywhere when it comes to reliable power supply units. Afaik they're the 5th biggest PSU manufacturer in the world and the first who made 80+ gold and platinum efficient units. Really just wondering..

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Here in Australia we don't see FSP branded power supplies so I'm not really sure how well they stack up.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Well. apparently the FSP group only produces low Wattage PSU, and in the sizes that don't fit my case

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube