add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How to completely wipe windows 7

fairron
  • 68 months ago

I want to completely wipe windows from my hard-drive. I've tried putting in the disk to re-install it, but it just moves everything to windows.old, and stays on the hard-drive. I've also attempted to reformat the hard-drive, but gives me a pop-up saying warning me not to do it, and doesn't do anything after that.

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

If using a standard Windows 7 disc, option to format should be available during the clean install process:

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for replying! I have done it like that before, except windows keeps all the old windows files, and my goal is to get rid of all those... Besides using disk cleanup

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point
  • Proper clean install process does not keep any files PERIOD.
  • If unable to clean install for whatever reason, you can use third party software such as DBAN to wipe the entire HDD.
  • 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your help! I tried again to reinstall again, and realized I must've overlooked the spot where you can delete partitions... I feel like an idiot now ;)

But thank you again for helping me realize my error!

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome. Glad you got it sorted out.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Those link are so helpful.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube