add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First time builder, Do fans have to plug into the MOBO???

ForteEXE
  • 85 months ago

When looking at motherboards do the fans have to be plugged into the motherbored to work???? if i have more fans then i do fan slots on the mobo can i plug them directly into the PSU or do i need to buy a fan controller thingy majig???

Comments

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

You need a four pin adapter that should of been in the package of the fan

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

i havent ordered anything yet still makeing the part list just wanted to know when picking my mobo should i be concerned with how many fan connectors it has or can they just plug into the psu

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

how many fans do you want to put? o_o

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

my case comes with 3 thinking of possible adding 2 to have 5 total

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

you can power fans via mobo, psu, or fan controller

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

oo a fan controller i didnt know they exsisted lol i might look into them

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

psu provides constant full power so any fan connected via psu spins at full speed. fan controllers and most mobo offer speed control
do you research on fan controllers. each channel can only handle a certain amount of watt (or something like that)

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

Most mobos have 3 pin plugs. Depends the board for how many though. If you want more, you can also use a MOLEX to 4 pin adapter (very cheap)

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help guys :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube