add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

what sata cable for r4 define ssd?

krazykenny47

62 months ago

I was planning on mounting the ssd behind the mobo, was hoping someone could tell me what lenght of sata cable I would need.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

SATA ports are usually positioned to the bottom right of the motherboard when you look at it from above with the I/O panel on the left. This positions the SATA ports right beside a large cable management slot in the R4.

You don't need an overly long SATA cable, it just passes right into the slot and it's behind the motherboard.

I didn't use anything special, just the SATA cables that came with a motherboard. Grabbing a spare one at random, it's 18". I would think even 12" cables might work, but 18" will work for sure.

The main problem I had is that you can't use a right-angled SATA power plug. It needs to come from beneath the SSD but the SSD is mounted right to the motherboard tray. So you either need a straight-in SATA power plug or a Molex-SATA power adapter.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube