add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

which mobo is best for gaming

chavira
  • 68 months ago

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX or asus z97 pro wifi ac?

i was thinking about the pro because the wifi but i can't put more money on the mobo if its worth it this is my pc built http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3rktNG

Comments

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Wont be much difference but I imagine the Asus Maximus would have a bit better features and you can always buy a decent wireless card if you are not able to run ethernet (even then ethernet over power is a better option also)

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool looking build, unless you need the extra features it will probably be worth getting a cheaper MOBO and simply buying a wifi adapter :) It's likely to work out cheaper.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

which mono u have in mind?

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

mobo*

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

Well you'll need to check it yourself but I've used the Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard before and it's very high quality and I had no issues with it, it'll save you $100 on the motherboard.

A WiFi adapter will cost between $10 and $40 for a decent quality one, again from personal experience I'd suggest TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter but you can likely buy a cheaper one that'll give similar performance.

If you go with the two above parts then that's roughly $60-70 shaved off of your build.

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 68 months ago
  • 1 point

whats the main difference with de asus z97 pro wifi ac besides the wifi ac and the chipset

• 68 months ago
  • 1 point

It doesn't have dedicated wifi on the mother board, It's z87 which isn't as new as z97 and also it's $100 cheaper.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube