add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair Carbide Air 240 - Help

Lazzerth

62 months ago

Hi,

I am currently designing a new gaming PC for myself, and was hoping to use the Corsair Carbide air 240. However, it only allows for GPUs of 290mm, and the GPU I am going for (Asus Radeon R9 290 4GB DirectCU II Video Card) is 287mm. I am also going to be installing the Corsair h100i in the front of the case, as with mini ATX motherboards I was told that was the only option. My question is will I be able to fit this GPU in the 290mm space provided with the h100i, or will it simply not fit. If it won't fit, please could you suggest another good case, the same price or cheaper, for me to use.

Many thanks :D

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.corsair.com/en/carbide-series-air-240-high-airflow-micro-atx-and-mini-itx-pc-case

this is what it says on product page

The Air 240 has pre-spaced holes for 240mm radiators on the top, bottom, and front. If you’re using a Mini-ITX motherboard, you can add both front and bottom 240mm radiators. If you’re using a MicroATX motherboard with dual GPUs, you can install a front 240mm radiator.

so it should be ok..

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Cheers :) I think I will give it a try, but 3mm spare space seems kinda tight.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey there - did this GPU end up fitting? I have the exact same case and GPU on the way but I'm worried that the card is too wide.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

I decided on using 970 with the nzxt s340. Hopefully it will fit, I was jus worried 3mm wasn't enough.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, from what I can tell it will either just barely fit or will press up against the window. Thanks for responding!

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

If you do have any problems you may be able to get a refund for either the case or GPU depending what you want to change. From personal experience its easier to get a refund if you ask for in-store credit.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube