add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help with motherboard for Intel Core i5-4690K 3.50GHz (Devil's Canyon). Thank you in advance!

DrMcScroogle
  • 67 months ago

Heres my build so far:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/DrMcScroogle/saved/cL9nTW

Please let me know what you think. I had a motherboard picked out myself which is this one - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-269-MS&tool=3 however I'm not sure if its suitable.

Thanks again folks!

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

ASUS Z97-A for overclocking, but go with something cheaper from MSI or Gigabyte if you're only gaming.

• 67 months ago
  • 0 points

id recommend the z97 series from MSI that what i have and its great

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the recommendation I'll look around overclockers and see what they've got

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Just noticed that you were referring to what I had listed haha

• 67 months ago
  • 0 points

The z97 Gaming 5 is great. Just looking at your build though, you don't need nearly 850W of power. Get a lower wattage unit (like an RM650) and a better case.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

The power supply was more of a precaution in case I went for an upgrade in the future that was more power hungry. Do you reckon the z97 will fit inside the corsair 200 case though? I'm currently hovering over the buy button on overclockers here

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

The PSU is still excessive. Any ATX motherboard will fit in the 200R.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube