add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
DAMAGExCONTROLx
  • 67 months ago

I currently have a newly built pc with no OS. I have heard that it is possible to get windows 8.1 enterprise free for 90 days, but is this possible to install without a previous version of windows, possibly from an ISO file or something? After the 90 day free trial I will probably purchase a copy of the standard 8.1, but for now i just want to prolong that purchase, maybe hold out on some new info on windows 10. Any advice on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't know what so OS (googling it brought up an episode of Gravity Falls) is, but yes you can put Windows 8.1 on a flash drive/DVD and install it without a previous version of windows. If you google around, I'm sure you can find a download for the ISO. If your trial runs out, you can install Linux Mint or another Linux operating system. I'm not sure about this, but you may be able to keep using the trial license longer if you use this command, "slmgr rearm". It added 10 days on Windows 7 Enterprise, but I don't know how many days it will add for you.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

I assume he meant, "no OS."

But searching for that at least brought you to Gravity Falls, which is a great show, and Soos, who is funny, so that's good.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea my bad. It was meant to be no OS... Ok that's good to know. If I have installed windows 8.1 enterprise and I then go to buy the standard windows 8.1, would I have to compleatly reinstall the OS or will it just strip the extra features and keep my personal files/settings etc?

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

That I'm not sure of, unfortunately.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

...windows 8.1 enterprise...standard windows 8.1..would I have to compleatly reinstall the OS...

Clean install would be required.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool thanks for that

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube