add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Hyper 212 EVO vs Seidon 120V

ToasterNukeTV

63 months ago

Here's my Part List: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ToasterNukeTV/saved/z9F8TW

Which would be better?

If I get the Seidon, how long would it be before I would have to replace the liquid in it?

Also, which cooler is quieter?

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

The Seidon 120V is noted to have a noisy "clicky" pump. The Seidon 120M is the quieter variant.

The 120V is under warranty for 2 years. You will not be able to replace the liquid in it as it a designed as a closed loop system.

Given the two options, I would go with the Hyper 212 EVO. Add a second fan for push-pull configuration for even better cooling.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, 212 it is, then.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I have own seidon120v plus.Plus is just got led light lamp on fan. I had try o.c my 4790k to 4.5ghz with the higest load on 80℃ and normal at 35℃. Currently iam seat seidon on 4790 for my wife and its stand on 3.8gh at lowerst clock and fulload 4ghz just 5x℃.never cross over 70℃. And i haven't had hear clicky sound from my seidon.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

currently I bought the 120v over the hyper 212 since I got it for $ 49 - $5 combo discount and a $20 rebate card, and just waiting for the shipping..

since you have a mid tower setup, that hyper 212 would be the best option for you..

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube