add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Motherboard speaker (beeper)

prd
  • 67 months ago

I haven't been able to find an answer to this. Does the MSI 970A G43 Mobo have an onboard speaker or a place to plug one in? I can't get started up with no beeps, no onboard video, and the graphics card not outputting a signal to monitor. No beeps could signal a bad CPU, but I'm not sure it's no beeps or just an absence of a beeper. If there is a plug I can buy aplug in speaker for nearly nohing.

Thanks

prd

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 2 points

Just talked to a technician at MSI. He confirmed there is no speaker on the MSI 970A, but a speaker can be hooked up at the JFP2 socket using only the four pin side of this seven pin socket. I've ordered speakers on Ebay.

prd

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Looking at the pics on newegg i don't see a speaker in the box contents, but according to this post

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1737385/motherboard-speaker.html

page 1-23 of the manual tells you where it plugs in.

Speaker are available for ~$5 from amazon, & I guess elsewhere.

http://www.amazon.com/PC-Internal-Mini-Onboard-Speaker/dp/B002W4M0DW

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I think every mobo should come with a tiny display panel at the back which shows post numbers like Asus do with their ROG boards. I built a new pc for the 1st time and had some errors, there was no sound but looking up those numbers in the manual helped solve the problem.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

not sure how or why this is just coming through my email 9 months later, but for more than one reason I junked the MSI board and processor and went with Intel i5 4430 processor and a gigabyte H97-D3H board with onboard video and 1150 socket (easy to use).

I now have the best computer I've ever owned. Fast and trouble free.

PRD

Thanks for all the replies. Partpicker is a great web site.

• 67 months ago
  • 0 points

Thanks, but I had already read about the manual,but there is no page 1-23 in my Mobo manual. There is a En-23 that covers "clear CMOS".

On start up I hooked the graphics card to a monitor and no signal to monitor. I don't have an onboard video card.

No beeps, no video... Ireally need a Mobo beeper. Yes, spekers are vey plentiful and cheap, but where do they plug in on the Mobo mentioned above.Thanks for the comments.

prd

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube