add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

H105 in 450D?

JustAnotherGamer

63 months ago

Title says it all. Can the H105 fit in a 450D with a standard ATX mobo?

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, it does.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

No, it doesn't. Corsair's website marks the two as incompatable, and LinusTechTips' review of the 450D confirms that.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

There are several builds on this website that use this combination of parts, including one of my own.

Officially it may not support it. Unofficially, it does.

• 63 months ago
  • 2 points

Well...I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you have any noticeable issues with installing it? Just want to be sure.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

No, not that I remember. Just make sure that you install the fans before mounting it to the case. Otherwise the screws will be difficult to get to.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Get a NZXT Kraken x61. It performs way better than a Corsair.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I was thinking of that, but I can't stand the white fans on it and some of the reviews I've seen on it weren't the best. The H105, on the other hand, I have yet to find a negative review. While there may in fact be a few degrees difference in temps, I'm not planning on running the 4790k to the point where that difference is needed. And I personally prefer the look of the H105 over just about any other cooler.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

The H105 doesn't fit in the 450D. I'd get a CM Nepton 240L or a NZXT Kraken x61.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, one of the above guys has a build with a 450D and an H105 successfully installed in it, so...

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a H110 in my 450D. I don't see why a H105 wouldn't fit since it's smaller. I have photos on my page if you want to check it out.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube