add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

High Performance Cooler that does not block RAM slots

hunterawsm007

63 months ago

I was looking at both the NH-D14 and the TC14PE, but they are both so hefty that they block the first RAM slot. I am currently running 4x4, so i would have to ditch a module to fit them. I am not willing to do that. If someone can link me to a relatively equal performance cooler that can fit all of my RAM, I would appreciate it.

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 4 points

Your better off with liquid cooling. They won't block ram or put alot of stress on the board

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Agreed. That's what AIO coolers are for. By putting the heat dissipation device away from the CPU socket, no MOSFET or RAM compatibility issues will happen.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not sure about liquid cooling. It's pretty expensive, and worst case, I don't want a leak.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

The aio ones are safe. Don't worry about leaks as they are designed to be sealed and usually carry very good warrantees in case they damage other components.

As for expenses, they are about the same cost to performance of the air coolers, except they have more powerful models that cost more which has the air coolers can't match in performance also. The d14 is pretty expensive and you can easily get a comparable performance aio cooler at the same cost.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe I'll consider a watercooler.

• 63 months ago
  • 3 points

the non interference coolers (NIC) by thermaltake

the NIC F4 and the NIC L32 support up to 180 watts TDP (I have the f4 in one of my builds and works pretty good

http://thermaltakeusa.com/Cooler/Air_Cooler_/NiC/C_00002030/NiC_F4/design.htm

http://thermaltakeusa.com/Cooler/Air_Cooler_/NiC/C_00002247/NiC_L32/design.htm

the NiC C5 supports up to 230 watts TDP

http://thermaltakeusa.com/Cooler/Air_Cooler_/NiC/C_00002029/NiC_C5/design.htm

there are others NIC coolers on the cooler page

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

So, these coolers are specifically designed to not crowd the DIMM slots?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

yes sir... check the photos..the only thing I hate about my f4 is the clips to hold the fans...

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you so much! I'm probably gonna get the NiC C5

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

That one looks pretty decent

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

elvenson has now peaked my interest with water-cooling, so now its up in the air.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I was considering those ones, but if I recall, they blocked at least one slot. I might be confusing the models though.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the NH-U14S and its great and it doesn't block the RAM slots

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I really like that one for price/performance, but now I've started looking into watercooling.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube