add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Ejperez

63 months ago

Hello. This is my first build ever. I did a lot of research to see if I could build something that was cheap and that I could game on. Can anyone tell me if I'll run into some complications, or if I should swap something out .

The mother board was giving to me brand new, so I just started building from there http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Ejperez/saved/r2gZxr

Thank you for taking the time out to read this !

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

A 32GB SSD is too small, Windows will fill that in no time, and when the disk is near full performance goes downhill fast. 4GB RAM is not enough for gaming, you really need 8GB. That GPU is a bit too low end for gaming very well.

What I would suggest is to forget the SSD for now, spend the money on more memory and better GPU. It'll work, but you are going to have to turn graphic settings down.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Pentium G3420 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor $67.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI Z87M GAMING Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $87.99 @ NCIX US
Memory Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $68.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB FTW ACX Video Card $109.99 @ Newegg
Case Silverstone PS08B (Black) MicroATX Mid Tower Case $29.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $29.99 @ Micro Center
Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer $13.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $463.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-12 14:52 EST-0500
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you!!! I figured I was going to need more space on my ram. And I needed to upgrade my cpu later. But the SSD I didn't think it was to small :p oh well I'll have to save up and buy a decent one :)

Thank you

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Just an FYI if you don't have the money for something like a 256GB SSD you can get a Hybrid Hard drive which will give you performance levels near that of an SSD with the capacity of a HDD.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube