add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HELP!!!! I am helping my friend build his first PC

bly2000

63 months ago

Hey guys I am helping my friend build his first pc and we are looking to spend about $1,100 this is what we have so far but we would like some opinion so how to improve this we particularly like the case and want to stay in this form factor. Any opinions are welcome thanks in advance.http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2gCqWZ

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

the PSU is overkill you can get a smaller PSU for sure. unless you really have a purpose for the i7 i would go with an i5 since their performance when gaming is similar, but if the intent is to do video editing or streaming i would stick with the i7 then.

nice build though.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks as far as the psu we were planing to upgrade later maybe adding another GPU and changing the case

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Then I would stick with it.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

yes if only for gaming go for i5 and with the current CPU selection I suggest checking i7 4790 and switching to Asus z97-a Mob, go for a 7200 rpm HDD highly recommended

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm curious as to what case you're using. I don't see it on your parts list.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like you're going with a blue and red scheme. I'm going blue. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/firefrost/saved/Wzqrxr

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube