add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Liger546

63 months ago

Hey guys, this is my first time choosing parts for a custom PC, so I would just like to know if my needs will fully utilise the parts I pick. I just intend to do some gaming that can run at 1080p with 60fps. I do not need anything bleeding edge, but I do have preferences in parts, such as ASUS for my motherboard and Intel for my CPU. With that being said here goes:

Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Enforcer (I like red and black)

CPU: Intel i5-4670 (I do not plan to overclock)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger (Red and black)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz 8GB Red

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD (Not really sure if this is necessary, any cheaper alternatives from Gigabyte?)

Storage: Western Digital Black 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD 120GB

Cooling: Corsair AF140 Red LED Quiet Edition Cooler Master V8 GTS (Both fit the red and black colour scheme, just not sure if they will fit in the case)

Powersource: Corsair CX600M Bronze (Will this suffice?)

Again, colour scheme is not my main priority. Please advise! The graphics card is hurting my wallet quite a bit, if anyone could provide alternatives or give a completely new list I would be fine with that. Thank you for helping me out!

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-strixgtx970dc2oc4gd5 thats a cheaper and currently more popular GPU.

If your not overclocking that mobo is overkill. to stay in theme look for Asus's cheaper mobo the Hero is a cheaper one that is still overkill, but it will save you some. i personally would spend it to purchase a slightly higher rated PSU, but I am a freak about efficiency. =] it looks like it will be a sweet build.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

HI! I really appreciate your response! Though I do not really understand as to what you meant by PSU(I'll Google it), I will definitely check out the link! Thanks a ton!

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

PSU means Power supply Unit. sassas1 way of explaining the equations. you will be fine if you do not change the PSU to a higher wattage or more efficient model, but I probably would.

As for the board let me clarify a bit more. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-maximusvihero this board still holds the theme you are looking for, is made by Asus, and cost much cheaper and offers more features than you will ever use since you do not plan on over clocking. You could find even cheaper boards that match your theme, but they will leave the Asus brand name. I would recommend the above board as I too am an Asus fan, but again know it is overkill since you do not plan on overclocking.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

With the PSU, you have to make sure that the power supply is pushing enough power that the system is pulling. A great way to do this is to see how efficient your PSU is, and do this simple equation:

System Power Draw/Power supply max output = how efficient the PSU will need to be.

So, assuming this system pulls, oh I dunno, 450 watts?

450/600 = 0.75, PSU Efficiency = >80%

It's cutting it close, so I would get a bit higher wattage of a PSU, but if you choose not to, that's fine too.

If you don't want to Overclock, no need to go all-out on a motherboard.

Also, I agree with what Curlz said. The ASUS STRIX is a fantastic GPU alternative compared to the Gigabyte.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi there! Oh, from your comment I kind of understand what PSU means now, power supply unit? I will surely do the calculations for the PSU. Do you think I would require an ssd? Any alternatives for the motherboard too? I definitely learnt a lot from your reply. Thank you!

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

SSDs are great for loading times, so if you want to experience great loading times in games, as well as having fantastic boot times, I would go for an SSD. An SSD I would suggest is:

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz7te120bw

And a motherboard, keeping with the Red/Black theme, I would suggest is:

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-h97performance

Hope this helps!

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

That definitely helped! Thank you!

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Any time, man. You can shoot me a PM if you have any questions, and if you're having any build troubles, be sure to let me know.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube