add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

[Opinions Before Purchase Please] *Gaming / Video Editing Build*

tommied7

63 months ago

I'm making a Gaming and Video editing PC, I would appreciate comments on if there are other better parts that I should choose:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/JtxN23

Which is better? Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card or EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW ACX 2.0 Video Card they are roughly the same price.

Is the MOBO good for the price and can it handle video editing well? I was considering between the MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard and the Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard.

As I will be doing Video Editing I added 16GB of (2x8GB) RAM is this good?

I really like the look of this case!

Do I need thermal paste for the CPU?

I appreciate changes and recommendations <3 My max budget is £1,200

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair RM750 is overpriced, you are paying good money to have 'Corsair' written on the side of a PSU that is not the best.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

What PSU make would you recommend? - Thanks for the feedback!

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you intending to SLI? If not, XFX 550. If so, EVGA 750.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I will SLI in the future so should I get the EVGA 750 to future proof? Can a Higher W power supply damage my system if I am not going to SLI for a while?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

It will be fine running at half load. Review here.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube