add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Tm-carbon

63 months ago

i need to know Which build is better. I am a beginner at building computers so i want to make sure i get my moneys worth. I need this to play new games on at least medium settings but preferably higher and i need it to process videos correctly. I dont want suggestions for another build i just want to know which is better between these two builds.

Build 1: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jQdw8d Build 2: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2gmBxr

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

there is a mix between this 2 builds. For gaming the i5 is better while the FX-8320 would be better for processing videos. Of the 2 cards the best one is the 970 for gaming. But everything would depend on the games you play.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

That AMD FX build will blow the i5 out of the water for encoding/decoding and any other app that truly supports multithreading across ALL cores. However you say "process videos" and I'm not sure what that means. Just watching them? Or are you talking editing and rendering / encoding? How often are you going to be editing and encoding?

If you're doing rendering and encoding frequently... do you NEED it to be fast? Or can you setup an encoding job while you sleep, are at work, etc? If you need it to be fast so you can encode something and review it as you will likely be making changes... AMD FX; no question.

I know when I encode DVDs for my kids I can just setup the job and let it run over night. Doesn't really matter to me that it takes 8 hours. However if I had to do this as a job or was doing this as a regular hobby even... I'd want something that encoded much faster.

The AMD FX will still be a sweet build for gaming; don't get me wrong. It's just that the i5 pulls ahead in single threaded apps and games. It's not like you're really compromising much here.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube