add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
jayburdge

63 months ago

This is a PC I'm building for my friend who's only 2 requests were for it to be able to play total war rome on high and have windows 7. He wants to spend no more than $700, needs a wireless adapter and wanted an optical drive. Just wanted to know if this build is good for the price range. Also, I know the PSU is a little big but it is there for upgradability. Here is the part list $700 Build

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I would swap out the CPU+mobo for an i3 or fx 6300 because they're better at similar pricing FX 6300 and a Gigabyte motherboard to go with it.

Here's a slightly cheaper, more powerful 270x.

The overall build would then need to bank on the mail-in rebates, which can take anywhere between 1 month to 6 months for your friend to get that chunk of money back, but it'd be a pretty nice chunk of change in the end!

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Could have made this a bit better but couldn't do it with the rebates. :/ Will look at the fx or i3 and see if I can still get ot around 700. Wasn't sure about the x4 so thanks for the infoemation.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube