add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New Build Need Opinions

hungryhipo

63 months ago

Hello,

I'm building a new computer with this build ( http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VpQ9yc ) and I would like some opinions on it.

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

xD u have an apu and a gpu????????????????????????

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep, you can almost get an i5 for the price of that APU + cooler, which only needs 1333 or 160 MHz RAM.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

This is my first build and not entirely sure on what im doing can u plz explain APU and GPU i would like to know all i can

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

APU is CPU with onboard graphics, much better than Intel's onboard graphics, but a waste of processor if you have a separate graphics card. The high memory speeds they want are to help with the graphical performance as the graphics part doesn't have it's own memory and shares it with the CPU. A discrete graphics card has it's own VRAM (usually GDDR5, a lot faster then processor memory) so the CPU can use slower RAM.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok so by going with an i5 i would need a separate graphics card but with a amd i wouldnt have to? what would you go with?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

In that price range, an i5. APU are for low quality gaming settings at most, fine for a home PC with a bit of casual gaming, no good for a dedicated gaming rig.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube