add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Just Made the Following Purchases - Your Opinions and Ridicule?

Eschaton

63 months ago

Set out to improve the incidentals of my setup and give myself a good framework to build in for the future. How did I do, PCPP? You can be harsh; I was honestly very uncertain about this myself. Keep in mind, I will end up paying the full 44 for the case, because the rebate expires on the 17th and there's no way it's getting shipped to me by that date (and I need the UPC to make it happen).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Case Antec GX500 ATX Mid Tower Case $29.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Newegg
Case Fan Cooler Master Blade Master 76.8 CFM 120mm Fan $9.76 @ Amazon
Case Fan Silverstone FM121-B 110.0 CFM 120mm Fan $19.99 @ Amazon
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $119.73
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-16 02:35 EST-0500

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Little confused here. You're just upgrading your case, power supply & adding a couple fans? I know that you've mentioned in your build comments that you mess with your system a lot (taking out parts & adding new ones). Are you looking for better cable management? If so, I think going with the EVGA fully-modular PSU was a good move. As for the case, it appears to have really excellent reviews on NewEgg (and a lot of 'em!), most claiming excellent cable management & airflow. I can't imagine it being worse than what you have.

Overall, pretty good upgrade for $150. Hope the PSU lasts a long time, and I'm sure it will.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Better cable management is certainly a nice byproduct of getting that PSU; honestly it was just the cheapest good PSU that I could find. It was also really nice that it's rated Gold, as my system consumes more power than I'm used to.

The fans are indeed to improve the airflow. I will feel more comfortable pushing a GPU overclock once my case is nicely ventilated.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, I'd just like to point out that you're WAY more experienced in this field than I am. I have only recently been learning about computers, so my imput is very limited and to be taken with a grain of salt.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

No, thanks for commenting.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube