add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

AutoCad / Rendering Build

loganmc

63 months ago

This is my first build and I'll be using it to run various Autodesk programs like Revit, Maya and Alias. It would also be nice to use it for gaming as well. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on my build that would be appreciated, or anyway to cut down costs a bit, but I'm not super concerned about that.

Thanks in advance!

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/2PXqWZ

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good, except get a Z97 motherboard to go with that Haswell Refresh CPU instead of a Z87. Maybe if low noise is a serious concern, the Asus STRIX 970 might be a better match for that Fractal Define (silent at idle/low usage), and are you sure 1TB of HDD will be enough for your needs?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm thinking I'll go with the 1TB for now just to keep costs down a bit, and then I can always add another hard drive later. As for the Asus STRIX 970, unfortunately my local store I'll be picking the parts up from doesn't have any in stock. Thanks for the tip on the motherboard too.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube