add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First time build/$2700

Gmanders

63 months ago

Been trying to make build for days. Want for gaming, but girlfriend might someday want to do animation or 3D rendering in future. Is this good enough or to much? Is power supply right, go with fans and not liquid cooler? Case ok?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mZPdvK

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Build will work and it's good. Definitely a bit overkill but doesn't hurt, especially if you want some future-proofing and want to use this build for years without needing much of an upgrade. I'd change the SSD to an 840 Evo or Pro if I were you, then buy a 1 or 2tb HDD.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a lot for the input. I think ill switch to the EVO 840 Pro. What I still question is the case ok and if I need liquid cooling or do I need fans.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Like what the other guy said, switch your CPU to the 5820k, unless you really wanna do 3 or 4 way SLI in the future. As for the case, that case is good and will look awesome when the build is all said and done. Personally, I'd get a Corsair 750D, but if you like this case, go for it. AS for the watercooler, my rig (http://imgur.com/a/2RLmj#0) has a Kraken x61 in it. Great watercooler, and I'd recommend watercooling if you want something quiet/exotic/fun to install and look at (good eyecandy!). The watercooler you listed is alright. I'd say change your CPU to the 5820k, and get the Kraken x61 ;) It should support X99 if I'm not mistaken, but doesn't hurt to double check. As for fans, you don't really need extra fans honestly.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, Kraken x61 looks cool. As for the case, I compared the dimensions of your case and mine, and I didn't realize how big my pick was! I'll go with the 750D. :) I don't know technical details on this stuff, so it really helps getting some advice! Thanks man!

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem :) I can also help with audio related questions if need be, or play games if interested (if ya like Fallout or CSGO or Battlefield, these are the kinds of games I like :) ). I have a Skype and Steam, if you're interested in talking further, PM me with your Skype/Steam and we can chat more :) Oh and for an AMD build (which I have) this Kraken is really nice. I idle'd in September (~85 farenheit) at 25ish Celsius. Very good watercooler, the best 280mm AIO you can get. But it's kinda pricy for it's size.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I currently playing Path of Exile. I was on skype when i played diablo III and i used mumble for Path of Exile. My turtle beach is broken and need new headset. I got another question. WOuld i go with another storage device like a Seagate ST2000DM001 to go with the samsung evo 840 ?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless you are planning on going 3 or 4 way SLI, i would buy the 5820k over the 5930k. The performance increase is so minimal that it is not worth the $200 premium; and if you are overclocking you can easily match or pass the 5930k in performance.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with this. +1 Listen to this advice Gmanders.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube