add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

This is my first build and i need opinions and help

Guitargod22

63 months ago

i need help with making this list a bit cheaper and i want it to run dayz, space engineers, and COD games. i need opinions on how to make it cheaper here is the list! http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Guitargod22/saved/THBypg tell me if the link doesnt work

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

H97 instead of Z97 motherboard, and CPU only supports 1600 MHz RAM, might save a few dollars. Are you sure you need those extra fans, case comes with 1x12 and 1x14, up to you?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

um someone re did it for me recently so i have no idea really.....he told me its whats best.....

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

also could you send me a link

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

i also took off the fans so thanks for that advice !!! and how do i fix the RAM issue

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not an issue, if you get that RAM, it will default to 1600, no harm done and the CPU will just access it as normal at 1600, I only mentioned it as you may find some 1600 cheaper. The H97 Anniversary here though if you get the Newegg mail-in-rebate they are about the same price anyway, depends if you can be bothered with MIR.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

what is MIR sorry im new

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Mail in rebate. We don't have them here in the UK, so finding the cheapest item is easier. You pay the full price, then send in the card and they give you some cash back; how long you have to wait, and whether it goes smoothly or if at all I am afraid you will have to ask someone in the USA.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

oh well im sure the prices will change before i even get a job and enough money......im just trying to go ahead and get this together.......i also need a wireless network adapter give me a good one please and thanks!

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

You could change your GPU to an XFX R9 280x, its a tad bit better than the 280 you have, costing around the same price your paying for that 280

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

um could you send me a link those help XD

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Note that while better, the 280X is not only more expensive, but has a TDP 50 watts higher than the 280.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

is that good or bad?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Stick with the 280 (it's a good card, great value for money, what it can't play at ultra settings it will play at high settings) or upgrade the power supply as well as the card.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

do you think it will run dayz....but also i want to play bf4 and ghosts and destiny and advanced warfare..idek if destiny is on pc but if it is then yeah....oh yeah and titanfall

[comment deleted]
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube